• You cannot reply to this topic

EJ20 Turbo in 2.2 Legacy 1991 EJ20 Turbo swap in 2.2 Legacy 1991

#1 User is offline   skubi 

• n00b
  • Group: Members
  • Vehicles:
    • Legacy 2.2 1991

Posted 09 October 2018 - 7:50 PM

Hey guys, i'm new on this forum. I have 1991 Legacy 2.2 N/A. What i want to do is to swap EJ20T from Forester Turbo S or WRX in my Legacy. I know everything what i need to do. Only the question is about wiring. Can I use WRX / Forester Turbo S wiring loom and adapt it to 2.2 Legacy wires or what? BTW i'm gonna run VEMS stand alone ECU

#2 User is offline   DCVR 

• Rally Driver!
  • Group: Committee
  • Vehicles:
    • 1989 RS Legacy
      1989 BF Legacy

Posted 17 October 2018 - 3:07 AM

View Postskubi, on 09 October 2018 - 7:50 PM, said:

Hey guys, i'm new on this forum. I have 1991 Legacy 2.2 N/A. What i want to do is to swap EJ20T from Forester Turbo S or WRX in my Legacy. I know everything what i need to do. Only the question is about wiring. Can I use WRX / Forester Turbo S wiring loom and adapt it to 2.2 Legacy wires or what? BTW i'm gonna run VEMS stand alone ECU

Hi you might want to try the DOBC group forum as well that's where most of the club traffic goes thru. Will PM u

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Reuben 

• THAT guy...
  • Group: Committee
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Legacy GTB Limited
      1995 Legacy 200T
      1990 Legacy Ti Type-S

Posted 23 October 2018 - 8:06 PM

Well it all depends on the ECU, is it a ‘plug-in’ for a specific generation? Or does it use its own proprietary connector. If it’s proprietary, then you adapt your factory loom to suit, if its a plug-in, for let’s say, v5/v6, then you’ll have to track down some of those connectors to suit, then adapt them in.
Posted Image

<Shale>: Blighter doesn't really have an accelerator pedal, it's more just a loudness pedal. You can change volume, but you won't go any faster.

<mjlqtown>: (Southern US accent) I'v excised the demon! This car is now clear!

<Reuben>: I feel like when you stomp the throttle in Blighter, it's like you've startled an old man!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users