Jacking up vehicle? Stands/Jacking

#1 User is offline   DBawce 

• n00b
  • Group: Members
  • Vehicles:
    • 1992 Subaru Legacy

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:41 PM

Hey crew

Just wanted to know where people jack their cars up? Reason I'm asking is because the area where the standard jack would go is munched!

I'm trying to locate owners manual but if anyone could advise how they jack without damaging and also where you personally place the stands once jacked.

I'll try and post a pic but I'm sure most of you will know what I mean about the damaged points from previously being jacked up incorrectly.

Cheers

#2 User is offline   DRFVDR 

• Boosted!
  • Vehicles:
    • '05 Hilux "zombie killer" Omega RX11,Brumby :) and 2 sheds full of parts :)

Posted 24 November 2017 - 2:27 AM

where ever the suspension bolts onto is a good start,
I use a hoist so I am probably no help
Owns REAL old school Subarus :)

#3 User is offline   DacerX 

• Leone Lover
  • Group: Contributing Member
  • Vehicles:
    • Shit Heaps

Posted 25 November 2017 - 1:59 AM

i dont know how to use a jack so best not to ask me
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   DCVR 

• Rally Driver!
  • Group: Committee
  • Vehicles:
    • 1989 RS Legacy
      1989 BF Legacy

Posted 25 November 2017 - 4:42 AM

View PostDBawce, on 23 November 2017 - 11:41 PM, said:

Hey crew

Just wanted to know where people jack their cars up? Reason I'm asking is because the area where the standard jack would go is munched!

I'm trying to locate owners manual but if anyone could advise how they jack without damaging and also where you personally place the stands once jacked.

I'll try and post a pic but I'm sure most of you will know what I mean about the damaged points from previously being jacked up incorrectly.

Cheers

I jack from the small bashplate that ties the front subframe together

Posted Image

Posted Image

If i need to leave the front end up in the air I put the jacks here

Posted Image

It's not the factory recommended position but I've damaged skirtings putting them there so this is where I put them. I also leave the jack in place with some pressure on it unless it's getting in the way

At the rear I jack from under the diff and place the jacks under the big diff outrigger arm landing plates. Once again, this probably isn't the factory recommended position but it's the one I've found causes less damage and is still stable. I also like to have the wheels and some kind of spacer under the sills of the car as backup especially if I'm gona have it up on stands for a while

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   DBawce 

• n00b
  • Vehicles:
    • 1992 Subaru Legacy

Posted 26 November 2017 - 9:00 AM

View PostDCVR, on 25 November 2017 - 4:42 AM, said:

Hey crew

Cheers

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's not the factory recommended position but I've damaged skirtings putting them there so this is where I put them. I also leave the jack in place with some pressure on it unless it's getting in the way

At the rear I jack from under the diff and place the jacks under the big diff outrigger arm landing plates. Once again, this probably isn't the factory recommended position but it's the one I've found causes less damage and is still stable. I also like to have the wheels and some kind of spacer under the sills of the car as backup especially if I'm gona have it up on stands for a while

Awesome response bud! Thank you :)

#6 User is offline   Braydon 

• Quad-cam
  • Vehicles:
    • 1989 Legacy RS rally car
      1992 Legacy 2.2 Daily
      1996 FTO GPX Weekender

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:55 AM

View PostDCVR, on 25 November 2017 - 4:42 AM, said:

Hey crew

Cheers

I do exactly all of this as well.
89 RS Rally car
92 GX 2.2
96 FTO GPX

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users