#1 Will

Will

Quad-cam

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1989 Subaru Legacy RS

Posted 09 April 2016 - 7:16 PM

The dreaded air conditioning. So my rs had the air conditioning and most of the associated plumbing and other bits removed when I got it, however in a black car on a hot day I feel its necessary so I've tracked down all the parts and re installed everything, haven't got the system gassed yet but when I turn it on, the radiator fans come on but the ac compressor doesn't do anything. It doesn't seem to be seized up but it won't engage. Can't seem to find any info on trouble shooting etc for the ac system either.

#2 Sammy

Sammy

Boosted!

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1991 GTS2 legacy sedan (project)
      1995 2 door gc1 - Retna Impreza

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:29 PM

The gas lubricates the system so without the gas it won't engage (or so I was told by mechanic)

I was told to try a1 cooling (think they do radiators n that too) in chch, as they are the cheapest to use
Posted Image

#3 Will

Will

Quad-cam

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1989 Subaru Legacy RS

Posted 10 April 2016 - 7:07 AM

The gas lubricates the system so without the gas it won't engage (or so I was told by mechanic)

I was told to try a1 cooling (think they do radiators n that too) in chch, as they are the cheapest to use

Ah right, that would make sense. Sweet will give them a try in the next few weeks.

#4 Drunkenmonkey

Drunkenmonkey

(PM admin for custom title)

• Contributing Member
  • 3570 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 93 Subaru BC5 RS
      91 Nissan Safari LWB High Roof

Posted 11 April 2016 - 1:28 AM

It has a pressure sensor to kill the pump if there is no gas
Posted Image

#5 Reuben

Reuben

THAT guy...

• Committee
  • 5848 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Legacy GTB Limited
      1995 Legacy 200T
      1990 Legacy Ti Type-S

Posted 16 April 2016 - 7:19 AM

I'd recommend getting a new dryer filter and TX valve too, they recommend this when converting to 134a (good practice regardless if you got the system degassed). You can buy these new, aftermarket, from the likes of Auckland auto air for very resonable prices.
Posted Image

<Shale>: Blighter doesn't really have an accelerator pedal, it's more just a loudness pedal. You can change volume, but you won't go any faster.

<mjlqtown>: (Southern US accent) I'v excised the demon! This car is now clear!

<Reuben>: I feel like when you stomp the throttle in Blighter, it's like you've startled an old man!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users