• Contributing Member
  • 1549 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1991 Subaru Legacy GTRS BC
      1997 Subaru Legacy GT-B
      1989 Subaru Leone Omega Turbo
      1988 Subaru Leone GTX

Posted 30 December 2015 - 7:48 AM

If anyone was wondering what's needed to make the BC / BF cruse control work, after a manual conversion. There are a few small things to quickly get it going.

We had done the constant neutral switch on the loom to get the car running. But this makes the system think your not in a gear.

Two wires are all that is needed to be joined. It's also worth noting, I don't have a manual cruse control switch on my clutch peddle. This means if I push the clutch peddle while cruse is active, it will rev the engine up without disengaging cruse.

Step one,

Remove the glove box. The curse control unit and relay's are located on the top left of the dash.

Here you can see the relay's we need to access. Just behind them, the curse control unit it's self.

Posted Image
IMG_4179 by Mitchell Lindsay, on Flickr

The Inhibitor relay is the one we want. Remove the plug (B60) and make sure it has the following wires:
(the bottom two pins are smaller than the top ones). This will have Yellow/Blue, Red/Black, Yellow/Red and another yellow/red wires.

Posted Image
Inhibitor Relay by Mitchell Lindsay, on Flickr

Cut the wires from pin 3&4 (image bellow) These will be Yellow/Blue and Yellow/Red.

Posted Image
B60 by Mitchell Lindsay, on Flickr

Posted Image
IMG_4183 by Mitchell Lindsay, on Flickr

Now join these on the loom side.

Posted Image
IMG_4182 by Mitchell Lindsay, on Flickr

That's it. Just make sure you don't press the clutch peddle down while you're using cruse. I have attached a few detailed wiring diagrams just in case. See attachments for those.

Attached Files

Posted ImageYea right by Mitchell Lindsay, on Flickr

#2 DacerX

DacerX

Leone Lover

• Contributing Member
  • 5537 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • Shit Heaps

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:22 PM

You mite want to do the clutch switch and wire that into the brake switch really. I always using the clutch to change down first when im in cruise as its usually coming up behind cars and then dropping down to overtake in my crappy slow leaking wagon
Posted Image

#3 mjlqtown

mjlqtown

Old School Weirdo

• Contributing Member
  • 1549 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1991 Subaru Legacy GTRS BC
      1997 Subaru Legacy GT-B
      1989 Subaru Leone Omega Turbo
      1988 Subaru Leone GTX

Posted 13 October 2019 - 9:41 PM

I just picked up a 94 sc and the Cruise control doesnt work at all. I tried checking fuses but couldnt find any. What all do i need to check? Thanks

I'm not too sure really. I would start by downloading the two PDF files above, on the start of the thread. if you need to wire chase etc.

Does the light come on? or show "set" when the stick is pushed down?

Posted ImageYea right by Mitchell Lindsay, on Flickr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users