• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Mongolian

Mongolian

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • Suzuki RGV 250 1991 - Sold
      Kawasaki ZX10r 2004 - RIP (Hit by honda fit)
      Suzuki GSXR 1000 2007 - Current

Posted 30 December 2014 - 2:43 PM

Damn I need to check the forum more often, will try and catch up with you on the weekend if your free.

#22 Reuben

Reuben

THAT guy...

• Committee
  • 5848 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Legacy GTB Limited
      1995 Legacy 200T
      1990 Legacy Ti Type-S

Posted 01 January 2015 - 8:48 AM

Yeah, sorry if anyone is trying to get in touch with me, my phone died yesterday, been off the radar.

Had a squeeky screetchy grindy noisy front right corner, we suspected wheel bearing, but after jacking it up, found the inner CV was loose as a goose and had a bunch of play... Went to Repco and slapped in a new half shaft, and guess what... didn't fix it. It did quiet it down a heck of a lot, and the hub nut was not that tight at all, so I'm guessing the new torque on the new hud nut has taken up a bit of the wheel bearing play that developed...

But, ideally I'd like to get the wheel bearing replaced before departing south again, so does anyone have a front right steering knuckle/hub kicking around? I'll pay pick-a-part/strong prices
Posted Image

<Shale>: Blighter doesn't really have an accelerator pedal, it's more just a loudness pedal. You can change volume, but you won't go any faster.

<mjlqtown>: (Southern US accent) I'v excised the demon! This car is now clear!

<Reuben>: I feel like when you stomp the throttle in Blighter, it's like you've startled an old man!

#23 matdaymon

matdaymon

Lurker

• Contributing Member
  • 2466 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • A Dirty ol' SF - The Deforester MKII

Posted 02 January 2015 - 6:24 AM

Well that explains why you didn't reply to my text.
Gave Shale a text so hope to see you guys before you vanish into the southern land mass again. I'm back to work on Tuesday (holidays never fucking last!) Hopefully will have my wheels again soon too...
Pedestrian: Noun.
A person who gets in the way of a moving vehicle.
Often found in big villages where tractors are not accepted modes of transport

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users