4 replies to this topic

#1 codyjesen

codyjesen

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 92 facelift rs legacy

Posted 03 July 2014 - 7:18 AM

Does anyone know what could be wrong with the heater in my 92 legacy. The heater works itself, but doesn't pump out hot or warm air

#2 Reuben

Reuben

THAT guy...

• Committee
  • 5848 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Legacy GTB Limited
      1995 Legacy 200T
      1990 Legacy Ti Type-S

Posted 03 July 2014 - 7:33 AM

Coolan flow through it will be impeded, somehow.

Many ways this can happen, a previous owner could have tee'd in a heater core tee piece, it could be fulled with gunk, or blocked totally, or the thermostat could be faulty (though that would also show as cool on the temp gauge too)
Posted Image

<Shale>: Blighter doesn't really have an accelerator pedal, it's more just a loudness pedal. You can change volume, but you won't go any faster.

<mjlqtown>: (Southern US accent) I'v excised the demon! This car is now clear!

<Reuben>: I feel like when you stomp the throttle in Blighter, it's like you've startled an old man!

#3 codyjesen

codyjesen

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 92 facelift rs legacy

Posted 03 July 2014 - 7:42 AM

Coolan flow through it will be impeded, somehow.

Many ways this can happen, a previous owner could have tee'd in a heater core tee piece, it could be fulled with gunk, or blocked totally, or the thermostat could be faulty (though that would also show as cool on the temp gauge too)

I know the thermostat is working fine as it has a new one in it. Would i have to pull the dash out to test the core?

#4 Reuben

Reuben

THAT guy...

• Committee
  • 5848 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Legacy GTB Limited
      1995 Legacy 200T
      1990 Legacy Ti Type-S

Posted 03 July 2014 - 8:37 AM

No, you can pop the heater hoses off it and pop an actual hose on it, and see now much water gets though/how much resistance there is. It should flow resonably freely
Posted Image

<Shale>: Blighter doesn't really have an accelerator pedal, it's more just a loudness pedal. You can change volume, but you won't go any faster.

<mjlqtown>: (Southern US accent) I'v excised the demon! This car is now clear!

<Reuben>: I feel like when you stomp the throttle in Blighter, it's like you've startled an old man!

#5 codyjesen

codyjesen

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 92 facelift rs legacy

Posted 03 July 2014 - 8:35 PM

No, you can pop the heater hoses off it and pop an actual hose on it, and see now much water gets though/how much resistance there is. It should flow resonably freely

Ok cheers, i'll try that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users