Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Impreza project, 1990 BF5 GT-Ltd, 1992 BC GT

Posted 16 May 2013 - 8:42 AM

In short, folks:

1) Lots of members who got stuff in the first round have worn their shit through to holes
2) Winter's gonna be a cold bastard this year
3) FINALLY gonna get some new designs going shortly!

LET'S PLAY THE SHIRT GAME.

Game plan:

1) Existing stock.

If any of the listed items below suit you, these can be shoved into a package and sent to you RIGHT THE FUCK NOW - no waiting!

BC Pre Facelift:
- Hoodie, L, black, zipped
- Tee, M, grey
- Tee, M, brown
- Tee, M, black
- Tee, M, Brown - 2
- Tee, L, Brown - 5
- Tee, XL, Brown - 2

BF Pre Facelift:
- Tee, M, black

BC S2
- Tee, L, Brown - 2
- Tee, XL, Brown - 1

BG
- Tee, M, Brown - 2
- Tee, L, Brown - 3
- Tee, XL, Brown - 2

GC
- Tee, L, Brown - 2
- Tee, XL, Brown - 2
- Hoodie, S, Black, no zip
- Hoodie, CHILD S, Black, no zip

Simply holla and tell me which one to delete from the list. It will get sent to you ASAP!

2) New shirts!

1) Colours available are brown and black, and if you ask very nicely there are a few other DARK(!!!) colours available. White and pale colours are not available, as they look daft with white ink.

2) Existing designs are: BC prefacelift, BC facelift, BF, GC, BG and GD.

3) Two new designs coming soon: BE and BH. These will be based on the Rev.D RSB/GTB Legacys, with standard body kits. Also in consideration are BD and GF, if I can get my arse into gear.

3) Shapes and sizes
We have:
- T-shirts
- Zipped hoodies
- Non-zipped hoodies
- Women's hoodies
- Children's hoodies
- Polo shirts

I'm also going to ask about heavier weight hoodies for those of us living further south (or for those of us that hate the cold).

4) The Players!

That's you! If you're up for a new wardrobe in team colours, please either post here or PM me if you're shy. I need to know ALL of the following: i) kind of clothing (hoodie [WHICH KIND], shirt etc), ii) colour of clothing, iii) size, and iv) which of the five above designs you want on it.

5) How long does this game last?

Srsly I'm over doing 3 month long orders.

If you want a new item, let's get your order in by the 31st of May and the $$ in by the 16th of June. It takes about a week to get printed once we pay the printers. Once they're in my hands shipping to your door will start immediately.

No pay by this date, no order.

Feel free to ask for a BE or BH, I'm going to try and get the bastards drawn ASAP and this just means I HAVE to if people want 'em.

6) How muchy?

Back to our old printers for this one, as they will be vinyl printed. To cover costs of shipping, prices have changed by $5 this time round.

T-shirts and singlets: $45
Hoodies: $80 (men's and women's)
Polos: $50
Kid's hoodies: $65
Kid's t-shirts: $40

If you're ordering more than I can fit in standard packaging, I'll quote additional postage accordingly. Likewise if you want track & trace or super fast service, which are avail upon request.

If you plan to pick up from here, shipping will of course be waived ;)

7) What about other teams?? OMG I WANT SOMETHING ELSE.

First rule of these shirts is, no customs. They are involved to design, and I'm a very busy person :(

*note: we CAN remove the entire back print, if you JUST want the front logo on your shirt so you can wear it at work. Talk to me if you want to explore this option.

TAG DOBC, YOU'RE IT.
Posted Image
<Pahalial> "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin
<kionix> wtf? begets isn't a word. quit trying to make up words, fuckface.
<Oscar_>: however, i know that my what article?
<Reubs> a nifty and a tube = sex
<Pelvin> matt, could you please sodomise me to death

#2 Divine

Divine

Auto Driver

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1991 VZ Type R
      1997 RS-B
      1996 V2 STi
      1996 GT-B
      2001 B4 Rev. D
      2002 B4 Rev. D

Posted 15 June 2013 - 6:13 AM

The BE, will it be the BE5D with the aero kit?

i.e this one: (this one doesn't have the black B4 part)

If so then sign me up k thnks but i'm probably too late.

Posted Image

#3 DacerX

DacerX

Leone Lover

• Contributing Member
  • 5567 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • Shit Heaps

Posted 15 June 2013 - 7:08 PM

it will be a be/bh that she will draw, only amy knows what its going to be
Posted Image

#4 chrisjunkie

chrisjunkie

Quad-cam

• Contributing Member
  • 237 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • Legacy GTB BH5a 1998 - STi v6

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

Put me down for a BH if you can do it in time :D

Been seriously wanting one of these hoodies for ages but want to be able to rep the DOBH's! :lolz:
YVNE: sex: the only time where coming second is winning

#5 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

Yeah I dropped the ball and watched it roll away with this one. Serious derp happening on my end in general, think I need a brainectomy.

The BE and BH designs are based on the Rev.D much like the GC/GF designs are version 6 STi (yeah I'm doing a GF for this round, special request from Ceci [Sam's wife]). Not too much of a biggie for those that don't quite have a Rev.D, the GC ver6 has proved popular amongst all the Impreza owners despite the humungous wing :)

Because it's me holding up the works here I'll be accepting later requests for any designs on the cards. I'll be getting the orders away soon, but until then hit me and we'll add to it :)

The designs are:

BC prefacelift, BC facelift, BF (prefacelift, not enough of a difference to warrant a new design), GC STi, GF STi, GD ver7, BG, BE, BH

Next on the list for nek time: SF prefacelift, BD, GC ver9, BL, BP Legacy

The styles are:

Zipped hoodies, non-zipped hoodies, t-shirts, singlets, polos. I can request extra thick hoodies I THINK, but they will be more expensive. Will get quotes if necessary.

Remember folks, dark colours only... the default colour is brown (REPRESENT!), an easy fallback is black, hoodies come in very few other colours but the t-shirts are almost a free-for-all.
Posted Image
<Pahalial> "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

#6 h8wrx

h8wrx

Boosted!

• Contributing Member
  • 721 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1995 STI RA V2
      1993 BF GT
      2004 Outback 3.0R
      1997 STI V4 WRX
      1998 "Banana Boat" GTB race car

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

GC STI RA's designs? not in brown?
Posted Image

#7 Wiretap

Wiretap

Rally Driver

• Contributing Member
  • 1037 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 2014 Toybaru GT86
      2006 Forester XT

Past:
      2012 Hyosung GT650R
      2008 B7 Audi RS4
      2006 Hyosung GT250R
      2003 Forester CrossSports
      2002 Legacy RSK B4 Ltd-II
      1997 GF8D Impreza 3.0
      1993 Legacy GT S2
      1990 Legacy GT (Sparta v2)
      1990 Legacy GT (Sparta)
      1990 Legacy GT Wagon (Madness)

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

I may have an item or two to add in the next 24 hours if you can hold off that long.

Also: h8wrx, it says above, no custom designs.
[20:30:58] <Pelvin> what are the handbrake shoes? are they only fitted on the rear?

#8 h8wrx

h8wrx

Boosted!

• Contributing Member
  • 721 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1995 STI RA V2
      1993 BF GT
      2004 Outback 3.0R
      1997 STI V4 WRX

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

that's interesting considering the GC8's STI RA was a unique car in their own right and deserve recognition for their contribution to WORLD RALLY.
Posted Image

#9 Pelvin

Pelvin

(PM admin for custom title)

• Contributing Member
  • 2037 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 2004 GG9 RXi

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

I may be ordering a few t's this round, I will list what I need in the next day or so if that's all gravy?

Any chance of kids t's? The monkey wants a couple, plus with the new arrival I'll be wanting some for him/her to grow into (I'm guessing a baby grow will be a bit little for a design)
2000 Impreza WRX Type RA Version 6
1998 Legacy TS Type-R B Spec
1992 Legacy GT BC5 Facelift
Vairous other BD/BE/BC combos
2004 Impreza GG Wagon

#10 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

It most certainly is a unique car, no questions asked! Amazing if you ask me, no doubt every Subaru fan respects the hell out of the RA.

Let's talk logistics though, so you know why we don't do customs. It's not out of lack of respect for cars, it's purely logistics.

Each car takes me several hours to design, perfect and prepare for print. The average designer charges out at $60-$120 per hour. For that reason, I don't charge DOBC for my time. An individual is a different story. You would be looking at about $250 worth of artwork alone on average. The worse the reference photos the more expensive, because I have to squint at the screen and fiddle at zoom levels near 1000% for hours longer! And individual shirts commercially run at $50 each, and hoodies up to and exceeding $100 each. That's a very, very expensive hoodie if you ask me.

There are two print systems we use:

1) Screen print. For what we do this is vastly cheaper, as the shirts cost less than $10 per unit + printing costs with this method. To take advantage of the cost reduction, we have to do huge runs: the more we print, the cheaper it is for DOBC. This relies entirely on reusability; we use designs that are generic so there's a little bit of the right chassis on every shirt or hoodie, something that people can relate to. This is why I choose cars to base the designs off that are not modified, apart from potential lowering and exchaust, since those are two mods most people do and aren't really considered a sin. Screens cost anywhere from $60 to over $100 per car, and are reused over and over (and CANNOT be modified). We also get charged a fee for printing less than 20 of the same design(!), and both our printers refuse to do runs of less than 10. That is the importance of generic designs that everyone will love a little bit.

2) Vinyl print. These are cut individually and applied to the apparel, and if we have a small run, we use this method. It is a LOT more expensive, however, with DOBC taking tiny profits if any for this method of printing. However, it gets shirts on backs. This is the only method of printing that would be able to do customs at all, but you're still looking at the costs of custom designs.

The generic designs, no customs thing comes from sustainability. If we allowed customs I'd have to quit my day job to keep up, and it would still cost DOBC a heap, and people would I assume be unwilling to pay hundreds for a sketch of their car on top of the price of custom-run hoodies and tees. That sort of money is maintenance and petrol and tyres... it's just not sustainable, so I don't offer it as an option.

(Caveat: If someone actually IS okay with the above, and wants to approach either myself or another designer as a private client to commission a design of their car with DOBC insignia for custom apparel, then that's a different situation. Be aware that the costs are passed onto the client in this situation, where DOBC and myself normally absorb the costs and/or outsmart them with the No Customs rule.)

Wiretap: 24 hours is fine, I'm still chasing my tail with finalising the new designs. I have three to finish for this round yet...
Posted Image

#11 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

I may be ordering a few t's this round, I will list what I need in the next day or so if that's all gravy?

Any chance of kids t's? The monkey wants a couple, plus with the new arrival I'll be wanting some for him/her to grow into (I'm guessing a baby grow will be a bit little for a design)

Next day or two is fine, as above it's me holding up the works so any additions til the end of the week will be sweet as.

Kids tees are certainly available! Babies are a bit tricky yeah. Congrats btw!
Posted Image

#12 Pelvin

Pelvin

• Contributing Member
  • 2037 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 2004 GG9 RXi

Posted 19 June 2013 - 5:16 AM

Ok here is what I'd like please

BC Facelift M black
BC Facelift M grey

and

BC Facelift kids L brown

Chur

- Andy
2004 Impreza GG Wagon

#13 Johnnynz

Johnnynz

Rally Driver

• Contributing Member
  • 1218 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 WRX GC8

Posted 20 June 2013 - 6:20 AM

I had a big want list... then I thought screw it and brought new car parts instead :P

#14 h8wrx

h8wrx

Boosted!

• Contributing Member
  • 721 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1995 STI RA V2
      1993 BF GT
      2004 Outback 3.0R
      1997 STI V4 WRX

Posted 20 June 2013 - 6:24 AM

\m/
Posted Image

#15 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:

Posted 20 June 2013 - 8:02 AM

I had a big want list... then I thought screw it and brought new car parts instead :P

Pretty much the story of all of us I think :D

I want moar hoodies and shirts too, but given I pay the same $$ the rest of you do, it's on hold for a while. FFF.

(Flatmate is getting a dark pink GC8 hoodie though, she is AWESOME!)
Posted Image

#16 Johnnynz

Johnnynz

Rally Driver

• Contributing Member
  • 1218 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 WRX GC8

Posted 20 June 2013 - 8:16 AM

Pretty sure my Mrs wants a hoody but I found a turbo kit for my Altezza and got a mate dying to fit it for me... Bad medicine.

#17 Pelvin

Pelvin

• Contributing Member
  • 2037 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 2004 GG9 RXi

Posted 20 June 2013 - 8:29 AM

Well as its getting colder I figured I should start wearing t shirts :-/

Shale can you pm me the bank details (I'll make sure I write it down this time)
2004 Impreza GG Wagon

#18 DacerX

DacerX

Leone Lover

• Contributing Member
  • 5567 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • Shit Heaps

Posted 12 December 2013 - 8:28 PM

Will there be another run next year? And will GF be made next year because i know that i have a certain person that now wants a new hoodie to match her new car
Posted Image

#19 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:

Posted 13 December 2013 - 8:13 PM

Yep and yep. All the things I was meant to do but never got around to!

Need BE, BH, GF, BD for nek year, hopefully something I can sort over the break (of which there's not much when you work at Wherewolf!). The supplies in the box are running low, so I suspect there will be a bigass order if we can get everyone together ready for it.
  • DacerX likes this
Posted Image

#20 Leufkax

Leufkax

Quad-cam

• Contributing Member
  • 437 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • '92 BF5 S2, AE101, '78 X7, CBR1000, 1200 Sportster

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:31 AM

Pretty keen on a black BF5 T size L..

0 user(s) are reading this topic