• Committee
  • 5848 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Legacy GTB Limited
      1995 Legacy 200T
      1990 Legacy Ti Type-S

Posted 27 March 2013 - 7:57 AM

Let the can of worms open :D

Nothing wrong with more boost... As long as you got enough fuel to take it. The 20G's are a tough ol block, and can take a beating, but you gotta do things right! Leo is a case in point of doing it wrong for example. A stock car getting boost turned up to cut, run around like that for a few months (likely with no mech sympathy), and then the owner wondering why he cracked a piston and grenaded a gearbox. I'm fixing the diff tomorrow (seized gearbox fucked it)... As long as one knows what they are doing, then sweet as, enjoy :D
Posted Image

<Shale>: Blighter doesn't really have an accelerator pedal, it's more just a loudness pedal. You can change volume, but you won't go any faster.

<mjlqtown>: (Southern US accent) I'v excised the demon! This car is now clear!

<Reuben>: I feel like when you stomp the throttle in Blighter, it's like you've startled an old man!

#22 boostin

boostin

Subaru spanner swinger

• Contributing Member
  • 8606 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • MY05 BLE Legacy 3.0R Spec B 6MT

Posted 27 March 2013 - 8:06 AM

oh god lets not let that repeat again

You say that like it was a bad thing??

Posted Image

6 stars, 6 cylinder and 6 speed. 666. It's the devil car!!

#23 FBSBC5

FBSBC5

Rally Driver

• Contributing Member
  • 1040 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1990 BC5 RS trackcar

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

New to the world of Subaru's, tried to search, but the lovely search engine doesn't like words with less than four letters.

What I want to know is that what turbo can I bolt onto my BC5 RS ? I have owned a few Toyotas in the past, and they have turbos you can literally just bolt up and have a marked improvement in performance and response with no changes to anything else.

I want the car to remain as visually stock as possible, and do not want a noisy drain pipe out the back, I understand that a divorced/siamese downpipe works wonders so will be fitting one of those as well.

I have a rebuilt tdo5 sitting on a v2 wrx atm, building a stroker block for it and it will be to small, also have a bellmouth 3" stainless down pipe if you require that.

Cheers Brian

#24 tintop

tintop

N/A Driver

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • '89 BC5 NZ New

Posted 28 March 2013 - 7:28 AM

Mad. Thanks for all the information chaps.

Must be an '80s engine design thing, free flow exhaust brings on boost cut. Just like 3SGTE's :lolz:

FBSBC5 send me pm please for what you want for them both :) The car is due cambelt, waterpump, idlers etc in 10k so will do the lot then :)

Might have to figure out why it intermittently cuts power first though. Driving along, it will just cut all power for a second, like a soft speed limiter. Very random though. Can drive about without it happening at all, but then another short trip will have it cut three times.

#25 Drunkenmonkey

Drunkenmonkey

(PM admin for custom title)

• Contributing Member
  • 3570 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 93 Subaru BC5 RS
      91 Nissan Safari LWB High Roof

Posted 28 March 2013 - 7:10 PM

Checked your coils and plugs? Also check for a loose connector on everyothing
Posted Image

#26 Type RA Wagon

Type RA Wagon

n00b

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • Subarus one MY94 BF5N8 Legacy GT STi Type RA. one MY98 GC8E Impreza WRX STi Type R Coupe.

Posted 04 May 2019 - 12:21 AM

Copy we run a VF24 she loves it 

• DCVR likes this

#27 DCVR

DCVR

Rally Driver!

• Committee
  • 5017 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1989 RS Legacy
      1989 BF Legacy

Posted 04 May 2019 - 2:04 AM