#21 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Impreza project, 1990 BF5 GT-Ltd, 1992 BC GT

Posted 12 February 2013 - 4:02 AM

Similar sort of story here with my Impreza, which has been approved for repairs at the shop of my choice - work is starting in 2 days, when the parts (which are identical to what came off, mind) arrive. So far Club Auto have been brilliant.
Posted Image
<Pahalial> "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin
<kionix> wtf? begets isn't a word. quit trying to make up words, fuckface.
<Oscar_>: however, i know that my what article?
<Reubs> a nifty and a tube = sex
<Pelvin> matt, could you please sodomise me to death

#22 Tron-BF

Tron-BF

Rally Driver

• Contributing Member
  • 1116 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 4:26 AM

Similar sort of story here with my Impreza, which has been approved for repairs at the shop of my choice - work is starting in 2 days, when the parts (which are identical to what came off, mind) arrive. So far Club Auto have been brilliant.

Glad to see its all approved, that's great news. Are Club Auto a "child" of a larger insurer or bank?

#23 boostin

boostin

Subaru spanner swinger

• Contributing Member
  • 8606 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • MY05 BLE Legacy 3.0R Spec B 6MT

Posted 12 February 2013 - 4:56 AM

Glad to see its all approved, that's great news. Are Club Auto a "child" of a larger insurer or bank?

Yup, Tower, then KiwiBank I think.
Posted Image

6 stars, 6 cylinder and 6 speed. 666. It's the devil car!!

#24 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 6:58 PM

They're a child of something. I thought it was AMI but it doesn't appear so, since AMI was bought by IAG(?) which also owns NAC and Clic - and because Clic was smaller (I was with them with both cars), it was shut down in favour of NAC and its customers offered quotes for insurance with NAC.

Unfortunately it means we're back down to only two players in the performance car insurance game, and my preference was indeed Clic :/ Oh well.

Which reminds me. I need to get Frankie re-insured with someone else. What her value is I need to research, since when I first insured her we estimated a mere $1500...and it seems every N/A BC/BF and its dog is worth more than that now.
Posted Image
<Pahalial> "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

#25 Jasn00

Jasn00

Quad-cam

• Contributing Member
  • 272 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • '97 Legacy GTB limited

Posted 13 February 2013 - 5:41 AM

I was with Clic and have moved to NAC now that it's been bought out. I think I pay $2 more per month for 3rd party fire and theft, but my excess has dropped by $7-800 which is pretty cool. They didn't move my cost specified modifications across correctly though, so I need to phone and change that...

#26 matdaymon

matdaymon

Lurker

• Contributing Member
  • 2466 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • A Dirty ol' SF - The Deforester MKII

Posted 14 February 2013 - 7:20 AM

I was with Clic and have moved to NAC now that it's been bought out. I think I pay $2 more per month for 3rd party fire and theft, but my excess has dropped by $7-800 which is pretty cool. They didn't move my cost specified modifications across correctly though, so I need to phone and change that...

You get Fire and Theft with NAC? I've always been told they don't offer that cover :blink:
Pedestrian: Noun.
A person who gets in the way of a moving vehicle.
Often found in big villages where tractors are not accepted modes of transport

#27 Drunkenmonkey

Drunkenmonkey

(PM admin for custom title)

• Contributing Member
  • 3570 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 93 Subaru BC5 RS
      91 Nissan Safari LWB High Roof

Posted 14 February 2013 - 8:09 PM

You get Fire and Theft with NAC? I've always been told they don't offer that cover :blink:

They never use to but they were looking into as so many people wanted it
Posted Image

#28 boostin

boostin

Subaru spanner swinger

• Contributing Member
  • 8606 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • MY05 BLE Legacy 3.0R Spec B 6MT

Posted 14 February 2013 - 8:41 PM

They never use to but they were looking into as so many people wanted it

When I enquired only a month or two ago, they didn't do it!
Posted Image

6 stars, 6 cylinder and 6 speed. 666. It's the devil car!!

#29 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

DAMNIT. Because I want that for Frank. :unamused:
Posted Image

#30 Reuben

Reuben

THAT guy...

• Committee
  • 5848 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Legacy GTB Limited
      1995 Legacy 200T
      1990 Legacy Ti Type-S

Posted 15 February 2013 - 7:31 PM

Yeah jase, it might pay to double check you actually have the fire and theft on your cover.
Posted Image

<Shale>: Blighter doesn't really have an accelerator pedal, it's more just a loudness pedal. You can change volume, but you won't go any faster.

<mjlqtown>: (Southern US accent) I'v excised the demon! This car is now clear!

<Reuben>: I feel like when you stomp the throttle in Blighter, it's like you've startled an old man!

#31 Jasn00

Jasn00

Quad-cam

• Contributing Member
  • 272 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • '97 Legacy GTB limited

Posted 16 February 2013 - 3:19 AM

Policy definitely says third party, fire and theft. Maybe it's only offered to customers they have acquired from CLIC so they don't have to force them onto a greatly different kind of policy though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users