#1 boostin

boostin

Subaru spanner swinger

• Contributing Member
  • 8606 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • MY05 BLE Legacy 3.0R Spec B 6MT

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Not a legal thing, but this was the closest appropriate section!

I thought I had insured the RS, but no, apparently not. Who does everyone use for their modified cars? I'm considering using a broker and making them do the leg work.
Posted Image

6 stars, 6 cylinder and 6 speed. 666. It's the devil car!!

#2 matdaymon

matdaymon

Lurker

• Contributing Member
  • 2466 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • A Dirty ol' SF - The Deforester MKII

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

I'm with NAC for the car. Though some people apparently have had issues with them paying out (I suspect they were doing dodgy shit at the time though), I've not though. They sorted out the newly christened DeForester within a week.
Pedestrian: Noun.
A person who gets in the way of a moving vehicle.
Often found in big villages where tractors are not accepted modes of transport

#3 boostin

boostin

Subaru spanner swinger

• Contributing Member
  • 8606 posts
  • Vehicles:

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

I've also found out that none of the places that might insure it are open weekends. Pricks. Email quote requests have been sent!
Posted Image

#4 Johnnynz

Johnnynz

Rally Driver

• Contributing Member
  • 1218 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 WRX GC8

Posted 12 January 2013 - 1:12 AM

Clubauto have been good with me, replaced a few windscreens no questions asked and had my Tezz fixed within a week when someone twat backed into it.

Also charging me less to ensure Tezz and WRX then NAC were charging me for the WRX. However A few people I have sent there appear to have been quoted high.

If its a track car broker might be a good idea to secure best deal.

#5 Familyman

Familyman

Rusted

• Contributing Member
  • 2709 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • MY01 WRX STI. MY01 Legacy B4 RSK. MY91 Legacy RS

Posted 12 January 2013 - 1:39 AM

Am currently with Vero who are the most useless pricks I have ever dealt with.
Switching to AA next week who will insure the BC as a modified vehicle for less than Vero.
Posted Image

#6 Tron-BF

Tron-BF

Rally Driver

• Contributing Member
  • 1116 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 4:17 AM

I'm with NAC for your 'ol wagon, got turned down by Vero and AA (too many mods was the "official" feedback) but I've had a car stolen in last three years which didn't help. $1500 excess for theft.

#7 DacerX

DacerX

Leone Lover

• Contributing Member
  • 5533 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • Shit Heaps

Posted 12 January 2013 - 4:45 AM

got mine done through vero
Posted Image

#8 h8wrx

h8wrx

Boosted!

• Contributing Member
  • 721 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1995 STI RA V2
      1993 BF GT
      2004 Outback 3.0R
      1997 STI V4 WRX
      1998 "Banana Boat" GTB race car

Posted 12 January 2013 - 4:47 AM

Ive got my bg twin turbo my daily(till H8WRX's ready/and my GTB-X... neither are insured just yet) ive used STATE insurance bought my daily for 600, they insured for $2500
excess is $500 $23 per fortnight, my Ra was insured through them aswell before I took it off the road for $5k (before the mods, and thats what i paid for it) and that was from memory
$1200 excess $56 fortnight ( my 96 autech pulsar was insured aswell at the same time for 5800 and excess is $450 an $53 fortnightly. ive been with them for around 6 years so do have a history with them also had a car stolen aswell during that time. ive found they love insuring subarus as the high excess is a standard item on every policy. didnt put me off though
better to have something then nothing
Posted Image

#9 FBSBC5

FBSBC5

Rally Driver

• Contributing Member
  • 1040 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1990 BC5 RS trackcar

Posted 12 January 2013 - 6:39 AM

No track/Race car will have insurance on the track, and you wont get it while its being raced as a daily driver yes, on a trailer going to track yes sitting at the track yes being driven from pits to track no, now define modified, everything you have fitted is subaru? not a 5.7l v8, if it bolts up to factory and was supplied from factory for other models it could be classed as a up grade as it is still factory subaru part, there is a big grey area here everyone has there own interpretation.

#10 Familyman

Familyman

Rusted

• Contributing Member
  • 2709 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • MY01 WRX STI. MY01 Legacy B4 RSK. MY91 Legacy RS

Posted 12 January 2013 - 6:42 AM

Wow! Great call. That just blew my "lets look for loopholes!!" mind.
Posted Image

#11 boostin

boostin

Subaru spanner swinger

• Contributing Member
  • 8606 posts
  • Vehicles:

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

Yeah all I want is cover while on the road. Definitely not expecting race coverage!
Posted Image

#12 FBSBC5

FBSBC5

Rally Driver

• Contributing Member
  • 1040 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1990 BC5 RS trackcar

Posted 13 January 2013 - 7:13 AM

Yeah all I want is cover while on the road. Definitely not expecting race coverage!

stick with your current insurance company, dont class it as modified, as everything you have put in has bolted up to OEM points correct

#13 boostin

boostin

Subaru spanner swinger

• Contributing Member
  • 8606 posts
  • Vehicles:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 7:29 AM

They already know as I explained my situation to them, and no sir, we don't wish to insure that vehicle. I'll see what quotes I get back tomorrow, then ring a broker and get them to do the dirty work.
Posted Image

#14 nztintin

nztintin

Auto Driver

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 98 Forester ST\B - sacked daily
      95 WRX RA - Hacked Tracker

Posted 17 January 2013 - 6:42 AM

http://www.classicco...amilton-waikato

I'm insured with these guys for the race car, insured for 5000kms a year, only covered for driving for race related things ie to events, mechanic etc. not covered to go get the groceries.

Insured for $10k for $300 a year. ($10k was minimum)

#15 banky

banky

Quad-cam

• Contributing Member
  • 349 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1992 RS RA

Posted 17 January 2013 - 7:14 AM

I used these guys http://www.jri.co.nz/ and they went to clubauto.

After emailing / talking with most companies this was the only one that would insure for an agreed value. Listed all my mods with them as well and pay about $400 per year with named drivers for 3rd party and a $1k excess.

Was slightly harder for me as I dont have or require any other insurance in NZ (like home and contents etc).

#16 DCVR

DCVR

Rally Driver!

• Committee
  • 5017 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1989 RS Legacy
      1989 BF Legacy

Posted 22 January 2013 - 6:24 AM

After emailing / talking with most companies this was the only one that would insure for an agreed value. Listed all my mods with them as well and pay about $400 per year with named drivers for 3rd party and a $1k excess.

Was slightly harder for me as I dont have or require any other insurance in NZ (like home and contents etc).

thanks for the tip I had been phoning Club Auto and NAC but they wanted assessors involved and wouldn't do agreed value up front.

phoned JRI and they're putting a deal together for me. The RS falls into the 'classic' category because it's over 20 years old. They don't need an assessor to look over it and will do agreed value. $20k full cover will cost me $345 per year. Mods are ok. All I need to do is put together a nice photo portfolio of the car so they can see what condition it's in.
Posted Image

#17 Drunkenmonkey

Drunkenmonkey

(PM admin for custom title)

• Contributing Member
  • 3570 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 93 Subaru BC5 RS
      91 Nissan Safari LWB High Roof

Posted 22 January 2013 - 6:37 AM

That sounds like a good deal Joe
Posted Image

#18 DCVR

DCVR

Rally Driver!

• Committee
  • 5017 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1989 RS Legacy
      1989 BF Legacy

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Yeah best so far
Posted Image

#19 banky

banky

Quad-cam

• Contributing Member
  • 349 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1992 RS RA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

thanks for the tip I had been phoning Club Auto and NAC but they wanted assessors involved and wouldn't do agreed value up front.

phoned JRI and they're putting a deal together for me. The RS falls into the 'classic' category because it's over 20 years old. They don't need an assessor to look over it and will do agreed value. $20k full cover will cost me $345 per year. Mods are ok. All I need to do is put together a nice photo portfolio of the car so they can see what condition it's in.

No worries Joe, sounds like a bloody good deal there mate. Is cheaper than mine and yet at a higher agreed value!!! think I will be haggling with them before I pay for this year.

#20 blk ice

blk ice

Boosted!

• Contributing Member
  • 691 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 2003 HSV R8 Holden
      1990 RS Legacy

Posted 06 February 2013 - 5:17 PM

we are with westpac, agreed value of 10k, and when the wife crashed into another car the other day, only one question asked, where do you want to take the cars?, has been easy so far, the hard part is now getting both cars into the panel and paint shop together to make all lifes easy, cant complain and they always say only good until you need to make a claim.
Project RS coming soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users