#1 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Impreza project, 1990 BF5 GT-Ltd, 1992 BC GT

Posted 24 October 2012 - 2:45 AM

Something I'm going to have to put on the list a lot sooner than planned is reupholstering the steering wheel in the Impreza. The topmost section has started to completely come to grief after years of being thrashed in the sun, and it's shitting black stuff on peoples' hands. Mostly mine. Which is gross.

Anyone have any recommendations? Or is this going to be DOBC pioneering? I'll be getting all the leather surfaces redone and re-stitched with STi pink (inb4 get-an-STi-wheel; the STi wheel has a larger diameter than mine it seems!), but the airbag panel is fine as is.

I hear from ages back that one could expect a $300 repair... alternatively, a new wheel can be had(?) without the airbag for similar.

Thoughts, advice?
Posted Image
<Pahalial> "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin
<kionix> wtf? begets isn't a word. quit trying to make up words, fuckface.
<Oscar_>: however, i know that my what article?
<Reubs> a nifty and a tube = sex
<Pelvin> matt, could you please sodomise me to death

#2 boostin

boostin

Subaru spanner swinger

• Contributing Member
  • 8606 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • MY05 BLE Legacy 3.0R Spec B 6MT

Posted 24 October 2012 - 3:03 AM

Yeah I looked into getting the factory Momo recovered in the wagon, and $300 plus gst was the quote, but that was a few years back. Expect more now.
Posted Image

6 stars, 6 cylinder and 6 speed. 666. It's the devil car!!

#3 Reuben

Reuben

THAT guy...

• Committee
  • 5848 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Legacy GTB Limited
      1995 Legacy 200T
      1990 Legacy Ti Type-S

Posted 28 October 2012 - 6:12 AM

there'sa guy in QT which is apparently quite sought after locally by the restaurants etc. I'm going to see what he has to say about transfering my wagon leather rear stuff onto my old sedan cloth backs (so using the original seats, just transfering the leather onto them), and getting new side panels made for them since the wagon ones are different. If the price is right I have nothing to lose, we'll see after that if he's ok doing steering wheels, he can try out doing my spare BC momo. If it's good, then we're sorted.

Otherwise it might be an idea buying a wheel that's the same, getting it sent away to wherever to get done, and then just doing a swapsie... (this way you don't have to have a steering-wheel-less impreza for 2weeks)
Posted Image

<Shale>: Blighter doesn't really have an accelerator pedal, it's more just a loudness pedal. You can change volume, but you won't go any faster.

<mjlqtown>: (Southern US accent) I'v excised the demon! This car is now clear!

<Reuben>: I feel like when you stomp the throttle in Blighter, it's like you've startled an old man!

#4 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Impreza project, 1990 BF5 GT-Ltd, 1992 BC GT

Posted 28 October 2012 - 7:43 AM

Yeah, good call on the getting a second wheel - though my intention is to do this when I've got both the cars together on my own property (so, early next year) so I can just park the ol' boy up and commute in the loud old bitch :D If that's not an option though, the switcheroo with a second wheel will be the ticket.

Will be keenly watching your progress with Blighter's door cards. If it's great and it looks like his wheels are good too, that might just be the answer.
Posted Image
<Pahalial> "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin
<kionix> wtf? begets isn't a word. quit trying to make up words, fuckface.
<Oscar_>: however, i know that my what article?
<Reubs> a nifty and a tube = sex
<Pelvin> matt, could you please sodomise me to death

#5 Reuben

Reuben

THAT guy...

• Committee
  • 5848 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Legacy GTB Limited
      1995 Legacy 200T
      1990 Legacy Ti Type-S

Posted 28 October 2012 - 9:11 AM

Door cards I can do, all they need is glue. It's the rears that need help!
Posted Image

<Shale>: Blighter doesn't really have an accelerator pedal, it's more just a loudness pedal. You can change volume, but you won't go any faster.

<mjlqtown>: (Southern US accent) I'v excised the demon! This car is now clear!

<Reuben>: I feel like when you stomp the throttle in Blighter, it's like you've startled an old man!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users