#1 Johnnynz

Johnnynz

Rally Driver

• Contributing Member
  • 1218 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 WRX GC8

Posted 05 June 2012 - 9:27 AM

I have a boot and spoiler i want to fit to my WRX, its currently half blue half sanded.

Will I do any sort of damage to the panels if I spray them a rattle can black so it sticks out less on the street?

Dont want to look to rough and attract unwanted attention but I cant afford a decent paint job atm either lol.

P.s. I know this is probably up there as the dumbest question asked on a forum ever but I genuinely have no idea about panel and paint. Not a freakin clue.

#2 boostin

boostin

Subaru spanner swinger

• Contributing Member
  • 8604 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • MY05 BLE Legacy 3.0R Spec B 6MT

Posted 05 June 2012 - 9:36 AM

Shouldn't do. You'll prob need to sand it back again before the final painting though.
Posted Image

6 stars, 6 cylinder and 6 speed. 666. It's the devil car!!

#3 Tron-BF

Tron-BF

Rally Driver

• Contributing Member
  • 1115 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

Ahem. I've just painted bonnet / under-bonnet / roof / rear spoiler and wing mirrors on the BF using only rattle cans. ;-) I did about 4 coats primer - then 4-5 top coats on the panels then did about 4-5 coats of satin clear on top.

I can't afford proper job either, but I reckon it'll do till later........

It's matt black of course ;-)

#4 Johnnynz

Johnnynz

Rally Driver

• Contributing Member
  • 1218 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 WRX GC8

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

Thanks Gents.

I will just be doing Matte black also. Not to stressed about how it looks up close as it will get done soonish but I don't want to drive Palmy to Taupo with a half sanded boot and spoiler and maybe draw unwanted attention.

#5 Tron-BF

Tron-BF

Rally Driver

• Contributing Member
  • 1115 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:46 AM

I used etch primer / primer filler / matte black from supercheap - and the satin clear from Bunnings. You probably don't need the clear if its only temporary, but the paint didn't react or anything like that.......

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users