#42 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Impreza project, 1990 BF5 GT-Ltd, 1992 BC GT

Posted 11 June 2012 - 8:47 AM

I'll squeeze it into $10 somehow ;) Will probably look at the padded bags or boxes because there's a fair bit in your order.
Posted Image
<Pahalial> "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin
<kionix> wtf? begets isn't a word. quit trying to make up words, fuckface.
<Oscar_>: however, i know that my what article?
<Reubs> a nifty and a tube = sex
<Pelvin> matt, could you please sodomise me to death

#43 Drunkenmonkey

Drunkenmonkey

(PM admin for custom title)

• Contributing Member
  • 3570 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 93 Subaru BC5 RS
      91 Nissan Safari LWB High Roof

Posted 11 June 2012 - 5:50 PM

I'll squeeze it into $10 somehow ;) Will probably look at the padded bags or boxes because there's a fair bit in your order.

Tip Amy don't let Dobc cover cost for any postage it might only be little bit here and there but it adds up and at this stage I imagine every little bit means a lot to the accs, only saying this cause I have experienced this with buying electrical gear for friends I would hate to add up how much every litttle bit I've let people off with...
Posted Image

#44 boostin

boostin

Subaru spanner swinger

• Contributing Member
  • 8609 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • MY05 BLE Legacy 3.0R Spec B 6MT

Posted 11 June 2012 - 6:05 PM

Tip Amy don't let Dobc cover cost for any postage it might only be little bit here and there but it adds up and at this stage I imagine every little bit means a lot to the accs, only saying this cause I have experienced this with buying electrical gear for friends I would hate to add up how much every litttle bit I've let people off with...

Agreed. It costs what it costs, and it must be passed on to the buyer. DOBC can't afford to shell out little bits here and there. Remember that hoodie you tried to discount to me cos it was old stock?
Posted Image

6 stars, 6 cylinder and 6 speed. 666. It's the devil car!!

#45 Alfred

Alfred

Boosted!

• Contributing Member
  • 705 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1991 Subaru Legacy RS
      1997 Subaru Legacy GTB

Posted 11 June 2012 - 6:17 PM

Agreed. It costs what it costs, and it must be passed on to the buyer. DOBC can't afford to shell out little bits here and there. Remember that hoodie you tried to discount to me cos it was old stock?

Agree with above two, please let me know and I shall arrange for transfer of funds :D
Posted Image

#46 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:

Posted 11 June 2012 - 9:34 PM

It'll take a while then. I work silly hours at the moment and Dunedin shuts at 5pm, so I can't go and check out packaging sizes at the post office until at least the weekend. When I do though, looks like I'll be getting a range of sizes to see what fits what.
Posted Image
<Pahalial> "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

#47 boostin

boostin

Subaru spanner swinger

• Contributing Member
  • 8609 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • MY05 BLE Legacy 3.0R Spec B 6MT

Posted 11 June 2012 - 9:45 PM

What about that "pass the parcel" thing I've seen advertised on trade me? They deliver you a range of sizes, then you decide what you want to order more of later. And they collect from your door.
Posted Image

6 stars, 6 cylinder and 6 speed. 666. It's the devil car!!

#48 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:

Posted 11 June 2012 - 9:52 PM

Worth more research, sounds viable :D Anything to make shipping into and out of Dunholio more reliable.
Posted Image

#49 MercuryFree

MercuryFree

SOHC-powered

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 2002 World Rally Blue v7 STi
      2000 BH Outback / Lancaster 6

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

Edit: Also, rough-as-guts, lines not decided yet, buuuut... proof of concept.

Posted Image

Nice :)

Constructive criticism: Rear door 'wave' bit where it meets with the flared rear guard in your image is either inverted or too high or has an extra wave added...something along those lines. Only bit of the image that immediately strikes me as looking "odd" compared to the real thing

Good work though :)

Photo of my car from a similar angle if that helps!

Posted Image

#50 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

Yeah it's a work in progress. That line in particular needs tweaked. But it's a bit out of context on the current angle too, looks a bit different on the WRX I'm mapping because it's an arse shot :D But yes, all the lines are a bit haphazard as I'm just trying to get 'em all down. Will look far tidier for all the GD owners shirts :D
Posted Image

#51 Reuben

Reuben

THAT guy...

• Committee
  • 5848 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Legacy GTB Limited
      1995 Legacy 200T
      1990 Legacy Ti Type-S

Posted 12 June 2012 - 4:59 AM

Needs to be a 'worm eye' shot, i.e. from down low, mercury.

Anyway, since i'm going to be distributing these tees from QT (they're getting done by some local guys that took over my brothers old screen printing business), The club just needs to buy an NZ Couriers ticket book, and wham bam thank you mam, i'll take the parcels to work and the courier will take them. They come into work 5 times every day. And yeah, i'm def pro buyer pays freight, it's all about supporting the club, that's the very reason we do the tees, so it makes sense to add that to the order!
Posted Image

<Shale>: Blighter doesn't really have an accelerator pedal, it's more just a loudness pedal. You can change volume, but you won't go any faster.

<mjlqtown>: (Southern US accent) I'v excised the demon! This car is now clear!

<Reuben>: I feel like when you stomp the throttle in Blighter, it's like you've startled an old man!

#52 hallie

hallie

Auto Driver

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1991 Legacy saloon 1.8
      1990 Legacy GT
      1994 Legacy low roof 2.2 auto
      1994 Legacy GT auto
      1997 Legacy GTB
      2004 Twinscroll saloon
      2006 Facelift twinscroll wagon

Posted 12 June 2012 - 6:17 AM

Can you ship to the UK? Does anyone have a paypal account?

For a t shirt and a hoodie.

Martin

#53 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:

Posted 12 June 2012 - 6:42 AM

Can certainly take Paypal (once I've sorted my shit out, though Reuben is probably an equally good port of call) and yep we can get shipping to outside of NZ :P

Reuben, the idea of a courier ticket book for DOBC and shipping via work is probably the answer to end all answers. Pretty much solves all our problems, just need to sort how we're going to wrap these bastards (do we need to get a stack of various sized courier bags?). Overseas mailing is occasional and can be done the old fashioned way if the courier thing isn't going to work, as it's more challenging to make 2 payments (being sent the shipping bill after the fact I'm assuming is what will happen?).

This is why it's committee tiems, because when everyone else gets involved, we end up with far better solutions :lolz: Gonna reiterate that this club is manned entirely by GCs.

Also, Hallie - size, colour, design? Gonna guess BF and black, but NFI on sizing :D
Posted Image

#54 Reuben

Reuben

THAT guy...

• Committee
  • 5848 posts
  • Vehicles:
      1995 Legacy 200T
      1990 Legacy Ti Type-S

Posted 12 June 2012 - 7:01 AM

Yeah my paypal is all set up for receiving payments, I used to ship car parts overseas a lot.

And no need for courier bags, we have too many boxes at work to know what to do with, will just take the shirts in to work, in the morning, wrap em up, tag em, and out they go with the morning freight.
Posted Image

<Shale>: Blighter doesn't really have an accelerator pedal, it's more just a loudness pedal. You can change volume, but you won't go any faster.

<Reuben>: I feel like when you stomp the throttle in Blighter, it's like you've startled an old man!

#55 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:

Posted 12 June 2012 - 7:03 AM

Sounds like you have it sorted. :D I approve of all this.
Posted Image

#56 DCVR

DCVR

Rally Driver!

• Committee
  • 5103 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1989 RS Legacy
      1989 BF Legacy

Posted 12 June 2012 - 6:34 PM

there's some good work going on here :D . I still have my old gen 1 tee.......thrashed and faded......love it

Posted Image

#57 hallie

hallie

Auto Driver

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1991 Legacy saloon 1.8
      1990 Legacy GT
      1994 Legacy low roof 2.2 auto
      1994 Legacy GT auto
      1997 Legacy GTB
      2004 Twinscroll saloon
      2006 Facelift twinscroll wagon

Posted 12 June 2012 - 6:39 PM

Can certainly take Paypal (once I've sorted my shit out, though Reuben is probably an equally good port of call) and yep we can get shipping to outside of NZ :P

Also, Hallie - size, colour, design? Gonna guess BF and black, but NFI on sizing :D

As much as I would like fly the DOBF flag in the UK, I think that I will have to back out for now having worked out roughly what the cost will be once here sorry.

#58 MercuryFree

MercuryFree

SOHC-powered

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 2002 World Rally Blue v7 STi
      2000 BH Outback / Lancaster 6

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

Needs to be a 'worm eye' shot, i.e. from down low, mercury.

It wasn't for her to work from it was for her to see what I was talking about

#59 Reuben

Reuben

THAT guy...

• Committee
  • 5848 posts
  • Vehicles:
      1995 Legacy 200T
      1990 Legacy Ti Type-S

Posted 13 June 2012 - 6:17 AM

As much as I would like fly the DOBF flag in the UK, I think that I will have to back out for now having worked out roughly what the cost will be once here sorry.

Just so you know, shipping to the UK would be about 8 pounds
Posted Image

#60 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:

Posted 26 June 2012 - 7:50 AM

Gonna go through shortly and do some workings outings for what's left to pay and shipping and shit - and then how many extras we can run. At this stage it looks like the two BCs, the BG and the GC are going to be the two big runs, split into one run of 20 and one run of 10 with pairs. The other two... well, there are no orders for them this time :P Yet.

Consider this your final call to get a shirt, polo, singlet, hoodie or whatever it is that you desire...after that, you'll have to hope the DOBC shop is stocked!!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users