#1 Johnnynz

Johnnynz

Rally Driver

• Contributing Member
  • 1218 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 WRX GC8

Posted 13 March 2012 - 8:30 AM

I want to make my car shiny, I understand the clay bar method etc and I will be giving it a go in the next few weeks but what is everyone view on orbital polishers?

Are they any good for waxing/polishing with or is an elcheapo to save me some elbow grease a waste of time?

#2 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Impreza project, 1990 BF5 GT-Ltd, 1992 BC GT

Posted 13 March 2012 - 8:43 AM

It'll save you an awful lot of time, but no real advantage beyond that IMO. With good technique and good products you'll get an equally nice finish if not better with some solid arm murder... but it's a good 10 hours of rubbing, buffing and hating yourself for starting it. The mirror finish is worth it!

If you do go for it, don't get one of the big cheap meaty looking ones, they're really only good for putting wax on as they stop spinning and just vibrate against the paint if you put any weight against them.
Posted Image
<Pahalial> "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin
<kionix> wtf? begets isn't a word. quit trying to make up words, fuckface.
<Oscar_>: however, i know that my what article?
<Reubs> a nifty and a tube = sex
<Pelvin> matt, could you please sodomise me to death

#3 Johnnynz

Johnnynz

Rally Driver

• Contributing Member
  • 1218 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 WRX GC8

Posted 13 March 2012 - 8:51 AM

Was more concerned they might give a lesser finish for some reason. I don't mind investing $100 or so in a good one if its going to save me teaching the neighbors kids anymore swear words :D

#4 madmike

madmike

Boosted!

• Members
  • 553 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1990 BC5 racecar
      1992 SVX

Posted 13 March 2012 - 8:57 AM

my parents bought me one about 6 months ago... I'm too lazy to even get the fucker out of the packet to look at it........

I really should get it out and have a crack at the SVX...
Posted Image

#5 Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo

Quad-cam

• Members
  • 452 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1996 Legacy GTB

Posted 14 March 2012 - 6:18 PM

I'm with Mike on this one. I have a Wax Attack I've never even used yet, been sitting around for over a year haha!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users