#1 Xanadu62

Xanadu62

n00b

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1995 Legacy postal

Posted 20 January 2012 - 5:06 PM

What's up guys? I'm new to the forums, but Ricearu pointed me here. I was wondering how much you guys think it would cost to ship (and buy of course) a used but good rack for a 95 RHD lego. I figure shipping will kill me, but subaru wants damn near $900 for the same part! At least this way I can get the courtesy of a reach around. The only other thing I can't really find is the standard pedal assembly. The postal cars over here only came auto and I'm trying to do a EJ20R manual swap. I greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

#2 p33t

p33t

ターボチャージャー付きの

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1996 GC8 STi
      2008 BP9 Lux (?)

Posted 20 January 2012 - 8:05 PM

For the parts from our local junk yards, you'd be looking at approx 50-60USD, at least according to what I can find on here..

http://pickapart.co....ist.asp?alpha=P
Pedal Box = 14nzd
Steering column = 50nzd

According to NZPost, a parcel 100x40x40 would be about 185nzd to get sent. The size may be way too small, but i'm not 100% on how big these things actually are :P

Posted Image

Now with added tubro Otto wagcoon

#3 boostin

boostin

Subaru spanner swinger

• Contributing Member
  • 8604 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • MY05 BLE Legacy 3.0R Spec B 6MT

Posted 21 January 2012 - 2:26 AM

For the parts from our local junk yards, you'd be looking at approx 50-60USD, at least according to what I can find on here..

http://pickapart.co....ist.asp?alpha=P
Pedal Box = 14nzd
Steering column = 50nzd

According to NZPost, a parcel 100x40x40 would be about 185nzd to get sent. The size may be way too small, but i'm not 100% on how big these things actually are :P

They want a rack, not a column...
Posted Image

6 stars, 6 cylinder and 6 speed. 666. It's the devil car!!

#4 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Impreza project, 1990 BF5 GT-Ltd, 1992 BC GT

Posted 21 January 2012 - 9:12 AM

Take the one out of Jasn00's GTB :troll: He's got an STi replacement. Hurr.
Posted Image
<Pahalial> "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin
<kionix> wtf? begets isn't a word. quit trying to make up words, fuckface.
<Oscar_>: however, i know that my what article?
<Reubs> a nifty and a tube = sex
<Pelvin> matt, could you please sodomise me to death

#5 p33t

p33t

ターボチャージャー付きの

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1996 GC8 STi
      2008 BP9 Lux (?)

Posted 21 January 2012 - 9:23 AM

Steering box then? Nothing listed under rack. Still approx $50......

Posted Image

#6 DacerX

DacerX

Leone Lover

• Contributing Member
  • 5515 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • Shit Heaps

Posted 21 January 2012 - 5:52 PM

subarus dont run boxs they have racks, its not a muscle car or a falcon haha
Posted Image

#7 p33t

p33t

ターボチャージャー付きの

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1996 GC8 STi
      2008 BP9 Lux (?)

Posted 21 January 2012 - 9:27 PM

How about, instead of correcting someone who might not know exactly, but is trying to be helpful as they can to someone new, you guys who DO know exactly what your on about go on the website and find it? Or maybe just estimate the price?

That would be a lot more helpful, no?

:unsure:

Posted Image

#8 boostin

boostin

Subaru spanner swinger

• Contributing Member
  • 8604 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • MY05 BLE Legacy 3.0R Spec B 6MT

Posted 22 January 2012 - 2:35 AM

Lol, ok Pete. RACK & PINION, POWER ASSY $80.85
Posted Image

6 stars, 6 cylinder and 6 speed. 666. It's the devil car!!

#9 Xanadu62

Xanadu62

n00b

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1995 Legacy postal

Posted 22 January 2012 - 6:23 AM

Thanks for looking. This thread actually got more replys than I was expecting! So, it'd probably be about $100 for the rack and pedals? Assuming it weighs 40 lbs, how much do you think it would cost to ship?

#10 rex-leggy

rex-leggy

Quad-cam

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1996 gt legacy (v/4 sti)
      1990 bc5 (v4 sti/ possum link, twisted)

Posted 22 January 2012 - 7:25 AM

Thanks for looking. This thread actually got more replys than I was expecting! So, it'd probably be about $100 for the rack and pedals? Assuming it weighs 40 lbs, how much do you think it would cost to ship?

its going to be the size that really kill's it . is anyone else looking into it?
Posted Image

#11 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:

Posted 22 January 2012 - 7:42 AM

Anything over a metre is anal rape to ship. If it can be broken down further, she'll be good. IIRC they don't weigh a heck of a lot.
Posted Image
<Pahalial> "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

#12 p33t

p33t

ターボチャージャー付きの

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1996 GC8 STi
      2008 BP9 Lux (?)

Posted 22 January 2012 - 7:47 AM

IIRC that was for 10kg

Posted Image

#13 Reuben

Reuben

THAT guy...

• Committee
  • 5846 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Legacy GTB Limited
      1995 Legacy 200T
      1990 Legacy Ti Type-S

Posted 22 January 2012 - 8:22 PM

Yeah, a rack is over a meter long, and when you go over a meter long, you have to pay for a meter cubed worth of shipping, which is about $500 or so.

Whoever helps you might be able to take the tie rods out, which could reduce it below a meter.

Also, when posting outside the US, never use the year of you car, as it means nothing to us, the US lags behind japan with it's years... For example, we got the BC/BF (first gen) in '89, the BD/BG (second gen) in '93, and the BE/BH (third gen) in '98, and the BL/BP (4th gen) in '03
Posted Image

<Shale>: Blighter doesn't really have an accelerator pedal, it's more just a loudness pedal. You can change volume, but you won't go any faster.

<mjlqtown>: (Southern US accent) I'v excised the demon! This car is now clear!

<Reuben>: I feel like when you stomp the throttle in Blighter, it's like you've startled an old man!

#14 Xanadu62

Xanadu62

n00b

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1995 Legacy postal

Posted 23 January 2012 - 4:59 AM

It's the same as the legacy in your signature. I already got new tie rods, so I don't need those. The shorter the better.

#15 Reuben

Reuben

THAT guy...

• Committee
  • 5846 posts
  • Vehicles:
      1995 Legacy 200T
      1990 Legacy Ti Type-S

Posted 23 January 2012 - 9:18 AM

Well, if rack minus tie rods is under 1 meter long, then shipping should be a breeze, around $100-$150 NZD. You can also pic up an STi rack for about $100 too, so well worht it, proved you can find someone willing to help. Sadly that's not me! Been there, done that, too much hassle to continue. Plus I no longer live in Auckland, where all the parts are.

Oh, you must get the powersteering lines with the rack too, if you want it to be a quick bolt in job. FYI, I run a V3 STi rack in my legacy, it bolted straight in, and required no modifications. Steering is quicker than the factory legacy (2.75 turns lock to lock rather than the 3 turns for a factory GTB), and it's also much firmer, has a REALLY nice feel to it. One of my favourite mods, def one for those who enjoy actually DRIVING.
Posted Image

<Shale>: Blighter doesn't really have an accelerator pedal, it's more just a loudness pedal. You can change volume, but you won't go any faster.

<Reuben>: I feel like when you stomp the throttle in Blighter, it's like you've startled an old man!

#16 Xanadu62

Xanadu62

n00b

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1995 Legacy postal

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

I shouldn't need the lines since the car is already right hand drive should I? if someone can get it under a meter and get it to me, I'll give you $300 USD for it. $400 for an sti rack. I am very willing to pay anyone a generous amount to get me the rack and pedals (including clutch master cylinder). Just let me know how much it would cost for everything and I can paypal it to you. Thanks!

#17 Reuben

Reuben

THAT guy...

• Committee
  • 5846 posts
  • Vehicles:
      1995 Legacy 200T
      1990 Legacy Ti Type-S

Posted 23 January 2012 - 1:07 PM

I needed to swap the lines even though I was going from MY97 JDM RHD turbo legacy to MY97 JDM RHD turbo Impreza. You will need the lines. It's very easy to chuck em in the box with it.
Posted Image

#18 Xanadu62

Xanadu62

n00b

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1995 Legacy postal

Posted 29 January 2012 - 2:36 PM

Ok, so what do you guys think would be fair amount for a sti rack without tie rods, power steering lines, and a manual pedal assembly? I really need those parts, but it's anal rape just for the rack here. I'm willing to pay someone a generous amount for them, but I just need to know the numbers for parts and shipping first. Thanks for the support!

#19 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:

Posted 31 January 2012 - 6:41 AM

If someone reminds me, I can contact Strong. It'll be up to a JAFA member to do the sending; I'm sure we can track down someone before uni returns :D
Posted Image

#20 Reuben

Reuben

THAT guy...

• Committee
  • 5846 posts
  • Vehicles:
      1995 Legacy 200T
      1990 Legacy Ti Type-S

Posted 31 January 2012 - 8:02 AM

Maybe he could just buy direct from strong?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users