#1 matdaymon

matdaymon

Lurker

• Contributing Member
  • 2466 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • A Dirty ol' SF - The Deforester MKII

Posted 26 July 2011 - 7:53 AM

Ok, so my interior carpets are stained and yucky and I was wondering about this "shampooing" carpet business I hear about.

How do you go about it exactly other than ripping out your interior, then the carpet and giving it a good scrub? What products do you need to use?

Not keen on searching for another carpet seeing 99% of BF and BC carpets must be just as bad as mine after 20years so keen to clean it up myself.
Pedestrian: Noun.
A person who gets in the way of a moving vehicle.
Often found in big villages where tractors are not accepted modes of transport

#2 Shale

Shale

DOBC Postwhore

• Contributing Member
  • 5586 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Impreza project, 1990 BF5 GT-Ltd, 1992 BC GT

Posted 26 July 2011 - 8:01 AM

I've used Frend products in the past. There used to be a foam that you applied, left to soak for an hour, then vacuumed to an inch of its life. Frank's survived that, and was fresh as a daisy til I ruined it :lolz:

Repco ones seem fairly good too, as do Mothers.

Any supermarket foaming product will work nicely; either a spot soaker or a general area foam. Get one suitable for synthetic carpet. Make sure you have several ends on your vacuum cleaner too; you want the small brushes and the tight place thin extensions :D You'll have to scrub like a mofo with the brushes as you suck it all up. Depending on your chosen product, you may also have to scrub it afterward with an old dry towel or three (don't use good ones!).

Air the bastard out, and carpet is as good as new.
Posted Image
<Pahalial> "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin
<kionix> wtf? begets isn't a word. quit trying to make up words, fuckface.
<Oscar_>: however, i know that my what article?
<Reubs> a nifty and a tube = sex
<Pelvin> matt, could you please sodomise me to death

#3 boostin

boostin

Subaru spanner swinger

• Contributing Member
  • 8604 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • MY05 BLE Legacy 3.0R Spec B 6MT

Posted 26 July 2011 - 9:08 AM

It's actually not that hard to get a carpet out. Just remove the seats and centre console. That's about it. You can then soak it in whatever cleaning fluid you have handy, scrub the stained areas, let it soak for a while, then hose or waterblast it. Chuck it in a sunny spot to dry, or hang it in the garage.
Posted Image

6 stars, 6 cylinder and 6 speed. 666. It's the devil car!!

#4 Reuben

Reuben

THAT guy...

• Committee
  • 5848 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Legacy GTB Limited
      1995 Legacy 200T
      1990 Legacy Ti Type-S

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

I've used Frend products in the past. There used to be a foam that you applied, left to soak for an hour, then vacuumed to an inch of its life. Frank's survived that, and was fresh as a daisy til I ruined it :lolz:

This is what i did to the black beast when i got it, thing stank of smoke! Did it to everything including the ceiling THREE times, but third time was a charm, smelt of the friend stuff for about 6months, but now is completely odorless. It does the job very well. Probably due for another round on the drivers seat and all the foot wells/matts TBH.
Posted Image

<Shale>: Blighter doesn't really have an accelerator pedal, it's more just a loudness pedal. You can change volume, but you won't go any faster.

<mjlqtown>: (Southern US accent) I'v excised the demon! This car is now clear!

<Reuben>: I feel like when you stomp the throttle in Blighter, it's like you've startled an old man!

#5 DCVR

DCVR

Rally Driver!

• Committee
  • 4993 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1989 RS Legacy
      1989 BF Legacy

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:47 PM

yes the old BC5 carpet could do with a good clean.....................another option is the carpet out of a few NA models like VZ or TI sedans......
Posted Image

#6 Reuben

Reuben

THAT guy...

• Committee
  • 5848 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1998 Legacy GTB Limited
      1995 Legacy 200T
      1990 Legacy Ti Type-S

Posted 28 July 2011 - 1:00 AM

This was rather timely. Had someone spill nail polish on out brand new carpet in the refurbished rooms at the hotel last night. I had this stuff, i think it was "Dixons carpet cleaner" or something like that. That shit pulled the polish right out, I was stunned. That shit should be able to remove ANY hard stain you have, even fucking nail polish.
Posted Image

<Shale>: Blighter doesn't really have an accelerator pedal, it's more just a loudness pedal. You can change volume, but you won't go any faster.

<mjlqtown>: (Southern US accent) I'v excised the demon! This car is now clear!

<Reuben>: I feel like when you stomp the throttle in Blighter, it's like you've startled an old man!

#7 matdaymon

matdaymon

Lurker

• Contributing Member
  • 2466 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • A Dirty ol' SF - The Deforester MKII

Posted 28 July 2011 - 3:43 AM

Mean! that is a good effort!
Pedestrian: Noun.
A person who gets in the way of a moving vehicle.
Often found in big villages where tractors are not accepted modes of transport

#8 stealth

stealth

Quad-cam

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • far to many to list

Posted 28 July 2011 - 7:21 AM

jsut pull the seat and centre consoles and water blast it... :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users