Carby Driver

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1989 Legacy RS
      1973 Mazda Rx-3, 10A

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:06 AM

Hi Guys

I'm back and has been awhile... I'm currently servicing the intercooler water pump but wanted to check if anyone else has done this.

The part I'm stuck at is wether to press the shaft away from the impeller housing so it exposes the bearing. I can't think of any other way.

I've already removed the 2 phillips screws that hold down the brushes board and desoldered the wires that connect to 12v plug 

I'll replace the 2 bearings and brushes and machine or use 600 grit sandpaper to clean up the commutator bar. 

I've taken a few pictures so will create and PDF and post on here so it helps others. I've looked around the web but not much info on the WAIC Pump. I understand many use the Air to Air setup but I'm keeping everything standard on my car.

Cheers

Jeetu

Attached Files

#2 DCVR

DCVR

Rally Driver!

• Committee
  • 5078 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1989 RS Legacy
      1989 BF Legacy

Posted 28 February 2020 - 6:13 AM

Hi Guys

I'm back and has been awhile... I'm currently servicing the intercooler water pump but wanted to check if anyone else has done this.

The part I'm stuck at is wether to press the shaft away from the impeller housing so it exposes the bearing. I can't think of any other way.

I've already removed the 2 phillips screws that hold down the brushes board and desoldered the wires that connect to 12v plug 

I'll replace the 2 bearings and brushes and machine or use 600 grit sandpaper to clean up the commutator bar. 

I've taken a few pictures so will create and PDF and post on here so it helps others. I've looked around the web but not much info on the WAIC Pump. I understand many use the Air to Air setup but I'm keeping everything standard on my car.

Cheers

Jeetu

Hi try posting on the DOBC group FB page if u get no joy here  https://www.facebook...00340879977390/

Posted Image

#3 G2.

G2.

Carby Driver

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1989 Legacy RS
      1973 Mazda Rx-3, 10A

Posted 02 March 2020 - 12:50 AM

Thanks Joseph for the reply. I don't have FB but I'll manage to sort it. Will keep ya posted on how I go.

Cheers  :)

#4 DCVR

DCVR

Rally Driver!

• Committee
  • 5078 posts
  • Vehicles:
    • 1989 RS Legacy
      1989 BF Legacy

Posted 06 March 2020 - 5:34 AM

Thanks Joseph for the reply. I don't have FB but I'll manage to sort it. Will keep ya posted on how I go.

Cheers  :)

they can be fully serviced 

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users